PACK-TECH ACADEMY offers you a wide range of lectures looking in a 360 perspective upon the world of packaging
Constant learning is a top value for me, so I make sure to learn, evolve and keep up to date with diverse areas of innovation as well as advanced materials, technologies and functionalities and translate them into new opportunities and applications. I succeeded to overcome my audience's fear, and today, I enjoy sharing the extensive knowledge I have gained in lectures and workshops.
I lecture at the Technion and various universities, conduct courses and workshops in organizations, lead innovation teams, and am a regular guest at international conferences of packaging and innovation.
List of lectures:
- The changing consumer-Understanding the diverse needs of the modern consumer and how packaging may fit in and create win- win solutions.
- The chain value of packaging-Review of all the touch points of the packaging through the chain value and understanding the requirement from packaging of each one.
- The role of packaging-The functional and emotional roles of packaging through all the moments of truth.
- The packaging development process-Packaging development process step by step from the briefing stage until launching the product in the market.
- Cost reduction and optimization in packaging-Techniques and technologies to achieve optimization and cost reduction through all the chain value of packaging. Can be done as an interactive workshop.
- Polymers in packaging-Introduction to the main polymers and additives used in packaging, their properties, and functionalities.
- Rigid plastic packaging-Introduction to the packaging formats of rigid plastics -the technologies of Extrusion, Thermoforming, Injection, EB and ISBM .
- Flexibles-Introduction to the main materials and compositions, process of production, properties, and functionalities of the flexible packaging.
- PAPER based packaging-Review of the paper production process, the different formats of paper and coated paper, duplex and corrugated cartons-properties and functionalities.
- Glass packaging-The glass packaging production process, the properties, and functionalities.
- Cans– The cans production process, materials, properties, and functionalities.
- High barrier packaging-High barrier packaging is required for protection of different products. Introduction to materials, compositions and technologies to create high barrier to O2, WVTR, UV and aroma in different formats of packaging.
- Decoration-Introduction of the printing technologies, special effects, and formats of decorating packaging.
- Food grade packaging and extending shelf life of products-What is food grade packaging and how can packaging extend shelf life of food products.
- Canning, retort and HPP-Getting to know the different technologies, their process, properties, functionalities, and fitting packaging to the requirements of the process.
- MAP and CAP-what is MAP and CAP, the difference between active and passive MAP, The process, properties, functionalities, and fitting packaging to the requirements of the process.
- Aseptic packaging– The process, properties, functionalities, and fitting packaging to the requirements of the process.
- Designing an ecofriendly packaging strategy -The different approaches of developing an ecofriendly packaging. How to build the right strategy that will be impactful, feasible and fit the companies’ values.
- Design 4 optimization – The different ways to optimize the packaging functionality while reducing the impact of the packaging together with it’s content on the environment. Introduction to the “4 less”.
- Circular economy-What is circular economy and how can it be achieved in packaging:
- Design reusable solutions
- Design 4 recycling
- Biodegradable/compostable packaging
- Responsible sourcing in packaging-Introduction to the different way to source responsibly like renewable resources, recycled materials, and non-harmful materials
- Non disposable packaging-Introduction to the different alternatives of non- disposable packaging
- Sustainability and smart packaging-How implementation of smart packaging can assist in achieving eco friendlier goals by influencing the behavior of the consumer and the product through all of it’s the chain value . Introduction to technologies and implementation.
- Active packaging-What is active packaging, introduction to the different implications of active packaging. Examples of active packaging.
- Intelligent packaging– What is intelligent packaging, introduction to the different implications of intelligent packaging. Examples of intelligent packaging.
- Bridging the digital and the physical world through packaging-Packaging is a physical thing that can connect to the digital world and create a lot of new values. Introduction of the interactive packaging, technologies, values, and innovative implications.
- Designing smart packaging-The future packaging are much more sophisticated and therefore require extra attention in designing the packaging. Introduction to the idea of value creation and value extraction in packaging and the new partners and stages of the process.
- Enhancing consumer experience through packaging-What is Emopackaging. Exposure of ways how packaging can create a strong and engaging experience to the consumer. Win -win and powerful examples.
- Packaging for the new normal-How does the new normal look like and how new trends in packaging can fit to the new normal standards.
- Story telling through packaging-Story telling has the powerful impact on the consumer, attracting, engaging, and influencing on their behavior. Screening the story telling elements, implementing them in packaging and turning it into a “success story”.
- Biomimicry in packaging-What is biomimicry and how it can turn as an effective tool for designing packaging solutions.
- Using the box to think outside the box-Looking at the packaging from new angles using all the elements of the packaging to create new values and innovative solutions. Learn new techniques and expose to innovative examples. Can be done as an interactive workshop.
- Ecommerce and unboxing experience-A high percentage of consumption has moved to the online and it requires different attention on how to develop a packaging suitable to ecommerce conditions and create the ultimate unboxing experience.